Wednesday, August 24, 2011

4 Months Old

I feel a little bit like Count Dracula from Sesame Street.  4, 4, 4 Months Old. muwhahahahaha.

Okay, back to the point of this post.  Brenna is 4 months old today.  4 months.  Really.  I'm so turning into an adult because I say "wow, time really is going fast."  But, it's true.  We visit the doctor tomorrow for her checkup and shots and I'll send out an update.  I'm excited to see how much the little chunky monkey weighs, because she sure does eat a lot.

She smiles.  A lot!  She's such a happy baby now and if she's crying or squawking, it's because she's hungry or tired or wants to be held.  This girl does love to be held and to be honest, this mom doesn't mind that right now.  There are days when it's tiring, but I love my little snugglebug.

And you know I couldn't take a picture without Brady wanting to join in.

He still loves his baby sister and wants to hold her all the time and play with her.  Still learning the meaning of soft touches, but at least he still likes her.
So, at 4 months old Brenna is still eating about every 3 hours during the day and she eats 5-6 ounces each time.  She goes to sleep about 8:30.  We feed her again at 10 and then she wakes up once during the night to eat and gets up about 6:30 - 7:00 in the morning. 
She knows how to roll over from her back to her stomach.  She has also figured out how to suck on her thumb and she always sucks on her right thumb.  And because she can suck her thumb, she can put herself to sleep!.  So, the amount of rocking has decreased.  We can put her down in bed and she'll cry for a few minutes and then she's out like a light.  

No comments: