Tuesday, January 31, 2012

9 months

Like I said before, better late than never.

Brenna is 9 months old.  We had her checkup last week and it went well.  No shots, which is ALWAYS a good thing.  She is measuring 27 inches long (30%) and weighs in at 15 pounds, 6 ounces (4%).  She is a skinny, little thing, but given her genetics that's not too surprising.  The doctor isn't concerned.  Her appetite is ravenous, so we certainly know it's not from a lack of nutrition.
 At 9 months of age Brenna is crawling all over the place.  She has really taken off in the last month and crawls everywhere and pulls herself up on her knees or to a standing position.  She claps her hands and is so very proud of herself when she makes that happen.
She sleeps from about 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and is usually good for one solid nap during the day.  She feeds herself Cheerios and small pieces of cheese and banana.  She still eats any kind of baby food we give her, though I think the green garden vegetables are not her favorite! She smiles so much and is quite a bit of fun to be around.  However, she is definitely a mama's girl and she wants to be held by mama, so we're continuing to work through that.  I love holding her, but I can't hold her all the time!

No comments: