Friday, August 10, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

In true Smoller Family Blog fashion, I have to write this following entry down before I forget. 

We've had a little regression in the potty training lately, which led to my favorite Brady-saying to date.  Earlier this week I asked Brady if he'd rather wear pull-ups or big boy underwear.  I also told him how big kids wear underwear and he could, too!  He looked right at me and answered "Mommy, I'm just a kid."  And then proceeded to choose pull-ups.  So very sweet and funny at the same time.  Much as I really, really, really, really want him to be out of pull-ups altogether, his little statement was a nice reminder that at his age, he is still a kid. 

On another note, we attended the last story time of the summer at the Manhattan library and it was monster day.  Everybody got to take home a monster mask.  Even with his sad face, he's still pretty cute.  And do you notice who is hiding behind him?
 The little monster watching a movie.

Nana and Papa bought a great tool bench for Brady and he has loved it.  However, his sister loves it as well.  Here she is checking out the table saw.
 And being caught red-handed with the safety goggles. 

No comments: