Well, I jsut got back from visiting the doctor for my 7-month checkup. Today goes down as the worst visit so far! I had to take my glucose test, which involves drinking a lovely little mixture I can only describe as sugary nastiness. Alas, they do give you a choice of orange flavor or fruit punch flavor. I chose fruit punch nastiness and drank it as fast as I could. After drinking a ton of water and brushing my teeth, the taste still lingers in mouth. Yuck! But, I passed with great results, so no gestational diabetes for me.
After that part was done I got to see my doctor. Blood pressure is fine and so is everything else. Little Man is measuring pretty big at this point, so I go back in 2 weeks for another visit. She's going to check him again and if he's still big, than we'll do another sonogram and probably move the due date. She said sometimes they just have growth spurts and sometimes they just get big. She's keeping an eye on him either way. He's meausring 31 centimeters--I have no idea what that means, other than he's measuring big for 28 1/2 weeks.
And, the last fun part of my day was getting a Rogam (SP?) shot. Becuase of my negative blood type, I got to enjoy that little pleasure. I get another one after I give birth, so more fun stuff to look forward to. I figure after labor and delivery, a shot in the rear will seem like nothing!
Nordstrom End of Season Clearance Sale
1 day ago
1 comment:
So happy that you passed your glucose test with no problems. One less thing to have to worry about.
Post a Comment