Friday, September 5, 2008

Tagged - 6 Most Interesting Quirks

Well, it's 3:02 on a Friday afternoon. I have been at work since approximately 7:20 a.m. and I worked late last night. So, in the spirit of Friday afternoons, I am avoiding work by doing anything and everything else I possibly can. Actually, we've already rocked the piles of stuff that were sitting on my desk this morning. I've got 2 new people in commercial lines and they are both catching on uber fast, which is starting to show in the form of having clean space on my desk. Woohoo! Jill & Martha are great!

My dear friend Neisha thought it necessary to tag me, so now I'm obligated to come up with the 6 most interesting quirks about myself. 6. Seriously? There are all kinds of weird things about me, but I don't know that any of them qualify as interesting. Alas, here goes my attempt.

1. I now have insomnia. It's probably not defined as such, but every night I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and then I crawl back in bed and just lay there while our child proceeds to kick and hit every nook and cranny of my innards. They don't really hurt, but they sure are powerful enough to keep a person up. so I just lay there and then finally get back to sleep about 3:30 or 4:00. It's fun. Really. I never thought I'd be a person who had a hard time sleeping, but that issue has now arrived.

2. I hate mushrooms. And I do mean hate. They have a great flavor, but they've got the most disgusting texture. Ever. Most of my food dislikes center around texture and not flavor, so apparently my taste buds are a little fragile that way. But I can't stand the slimy feel of mushrooms. It's nasty. I'm almost gagging just thinking about it. Ugh.

3. I have a strange fascination with the show "The Biggest Loser." Don't ask me why. I have no explanation. I love watching it. Bob is my favorite trainer--Jillian just doesn't cut it for me.

4. I name my vehicles. Right now, I drive Corrina Corolla and she's a great car. Before her I had Sally the Sundance. And in high school, I had Dodge Dara. You can see there's a theme with the names--always female and always beginning with the same letter as the make of the car.

5. I have recurring dreams. One in particular that has been ongoing for many years in my life. I don't remember when it started, but the gist of the dream involves me driving some piece of candy in the sky (apparently in Bethland we don't drive futuristic, Jetson-type cars. No, we drive giant pieces of candy in the sky). My family and friends are in the dream as well, driving their own candy vehicles. I can tell when a person has somehow impacted my life because they will show up in the dream. the pieces of candy each person drives change from time to time, but my Mom always drives a Hershey bar. My dear husband drives a Junior Mint. Our friend Kenny started driving a lifesaver in the last week (perhaps because he's talked about these great lifesaver popsicles they have in the press box!). My friend Susan was driving a Rice Krispie treat, but in the last 2 months has started driving something that looks like a cross between a jolly rancher and a hot tamale. See, now that really does qualify as weird!

6. I don't think this is weird, but my closet is typically color coordinated. All of my clothes are on white hangers, except for white shirts. All white shirts go on blue hangers. The closet is arranged by colors of the rainbow. White, red, orange, pink (because it just fits in best here), yellow, green, blue, purple and then gray, black and brown. Within each color, sleeveless shirts are first, than short-sleeved and finally long-sleeved shirts. I don't have all my maternity clothes organized in this fashion, but when we get unpacked in the new house, this system will exist in the new closet. I love it--it helps to see everything in that order. My friend Kristi says it works for her, too. I organize her closet whenever I get to her house!

There you go. Happy Reading. Oh, almost time for the weekend now!

1 comment:

Hairston said...

don't you just love children!! :) the fun is only beginning.