Monday, September 21, 2009

Chili Mac n Cheddar Soup

Yep, we're going to start writing about food here on The Smoller Family. Brady is still plenty entertaining, but food is a pretty important part of our lives as well. Besides, it gives me more writing material.
Last night I tried out a new recipe from Real Simple magazine. Chili Mac n Cheddar Soup. It turned out fantastic, though it looks pretty average in the picture. It was even better today for lunch with the cold and rainy weather. And I have now decided, it's really just homemade Hamburger Helper! I loved Hamburger Helper and this really is pretty much the same thing, save for waaaaay fewer preservatives and ingredients that can't be pronounced.
The recipe says to brown the hamburger with sauteed onions and since it was a rookie try, I stuck to the recipe. Next time, I'm adding peppers to that mixture to pump up the veggie value and add a little color to the dish. We dished it on top of crushed tortillas chips and it was tasty. Got the stamp of approval from Mr. Smoller, too!
Want the recipe? Well, you have to leave a comment on this post and then I would gladly send it to you!

1 comment:

Brandon, Kelly, Peyton & Kamryn Yoder said...

This sounds like something the Yoder Household would love to try. Please let me know how to make it!