Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Book Review - The Lost Symbol

I finished up Book $6 for 2010 over the weekend. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, who also wrote The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.
I enjoyed the book. I thought it was good, but not great. I'll have to agree with my husband and say some of events and ideas are a bit far-fetched and hard to believe. But overall I liked the book. The Robert Langdon character has been quite the money-maker for Dan Brown and I suspect this book will continue that tradition.
The whole book takes place around Washington D.C. so it refers a lot to national landmarks, museums, etc. I really enjoyed that part of the book. Makes me wants to go back and visit D.C.
So, a thumbs-up on this book. It does appear to be very big and it has a lot of pages, but I really thought it was an easy read in terms of speed. There wasn't much dilly-dally in terms of getting to the good stuff and I do like that!

No comments: