What does spring time mean for you? One of the great things about spring is the green stuff that comes back into our lives. Green trees, green grass, green, green, green! I like green so much better than the browns and grays of winter.
Spring means
daylilies growing up beside the driveway. I did nothing except plant these last year and they are already spreading.

These
daylilies have some added help of compost I put into the soil last year. For reference, the "soil" at our house is more like sand. Really. there's nothing very soil-like about it at all. It's just this sandy mixture that doesn't support much plant life. But the
daylilies have no problem!

And neither do the
hostas! Look at all those little buds poking out the ground! (for you non-gardening types out there, the beginnings of my
hostas are those purple things poking out of the ground).

And even my hydrangea is coming to life! I thought I killed that thing last year and figured it just couldn't survive in the sandy soil (which is why I kept the receipt) but even it is starting to bloom, so we'll see!

Yeah for Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment