One word. Two syllables. Yumm-o! That's what the Pepperoni Pizza Puffs were that I made last week. Another lovely recipe that I found/borrowed/used on Pinterest. I love that website (and I could totally dedicate a blog post about that, but I'll spare you the details).
Look at the yummy goodness.
And the muffins even passed Brady's test, which is the pickiest test to date in our family.
So here's the recipe. I borrowed it from a blog, who adapted it from a Rachael Ray recipe. I doubled the recipe below and used a regular muffin pan so the puffs were more "dinner" style instead of "appetizer" style. With the doubling, it made about 15 pizza muffins.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
•3/4 cup flour
•3/4 teaspoon baking powder
•1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
•1/8 tsp. salt
•pinch of red pepper flakes (my addition, optional)
•3/4 cup whole milk ( I used 2%, because that's what we had)
•1 egg, lightly beaten
•1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
•1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
•1 cup cubed pepperoni (I used the mini pepperonis because I had no desire to cut up regular slices)
•1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
No comments:
Post a Comment