Only a week late with this post. That is some serious improvement!
I managed to take a few pictures the morning of Valentine's Day before we sent the kids off to day care. This mom made peanut butter cookies with heart-shaped chocolates in the middle. I gave each kid 3, so hopefully the parents weren't too disappointed with the sugar load or were smart enough to eat the cookies themselves.
Anyway, so I took 4 pictures. I managed to get both kids dressed in red, which is pretty impressive. However, these 4 shots illustrate the difficulty in getting a good picture of both kids together.
Here is the play-by-play, by me, of our picture-taking adventure.
Picture #1. Great. Both kids sitting next to each other, nobody trying to walk or crawl away. Brady has that whole "deer in the headlights" look. Darn. Okay, try again.
Picture #2. Brenna is starting to crawl away, but hey, she looked at the camera. Great! She's not smiling, but we can live without that. Oh wait, now Brady isn't looking at the camera. He's too obsessed with his new book about Katy the Snowplow (probably because we've had no snow this winter!). Try again.
Picture #3. Hey, hey, hey. Both kids looking at the camera at the same time. And they're not crying! Now we don't have smiles in this shot, but hey, you can't be too picky. Maybe, just maybe we could get one with smiles? Maybe? Pretty please?
Picture #4. Well, at least I got a smile from one of them. And doesn't that smile just melt your heart? It's not perfection in the picture category, but then again, life isn't about perfection.
No comments:
Post a Comment