Tuesday, October 30, 2012

18 Month Checkup

We had Brenna's 18-month checkup this morning.  Before getting into all the details, check out how soundly this girl can sleep!  I snapped the first two pictures last week when she was zonked out.  Brady was already up and dressed and had eaten and this little girl was still sound asleep. 
 Not even the bedroom light would wake her up!
 Now, onto the details.  Brenna received a glowing report from the doctor.  She's the picture of health and it's been quite nice not to be seeing our doctor so regularly.  Last winter's ear infections made us much more regular at the doctor's office than we'd like to be.
Brenna is 30.5 inches tall and weighs in at 21 pounds even.  17th percentile for height and 7th percentile for weight.  She's small, but I'm just pumped she's on the charts!  Heck, I was a little surprised to see her so high on the height chart.  Let's be honest--we know our kids won't exactly be giants!
At 18 months Brenna is able to walk up and down stairs and now she can run in an attempt to catch up with her brother.  She loves to play chase and throw balls and pretty much do anything Brady is doing.  She can also kick a ball; mom worked on that a lot with her when the weather has been nice!  She's also getting ornery and will purposely take one of Brady's cars of toys, just to get a reaction out of him.
She is "talking" up a storm and her vocabulary is getting bigger every day.  She can say ball, daddy, mommy (kind of), mouth, nose, eyes, no, dog and several other one-syllable words.  Her favorite book right now is "Thins That Go."  It has these big foam pieces that come out and she loves to pull those out. 
She is using a fork and a spoon, though that process is just starting.  She can drink out of a cup, but still dribbles quite a bit so we'll be working more on that.  She eats pretty well and frankly, gets very cranky when we don't serve food to her in a timely manner.  Patient she is not. 
She HATES to be told no.  I mean, let's-have-a-major-meltdown-and-cry-like-no-other kind of meltdown if we dare tell her no or stop.  She's going to have to toughen up in that regard, but I'm pretty sure the next few years will involve a lot of the word no from Mom & Dad! 
I think that's it for the Brenn update.  Oh, and don't she & Brady look so cute in their pajamas?  I snapped this picture last night--they are adorable.

No comments: