Monday, July 20, 2009

Another tooth for Brady and road rash for Mom.

Big weekend, indeed. Tooth #1 was on Friday and tooth #2 greeted us on Sunday morning. So now we've got 2 front teeth. I have no pictures to show you--you can imagine getting an 8-month old to be still and open up his mouth long enough for a picture isn't the most easy thing to do.

And, while resting my sore bum I had a little bike accident. I woke early Sat. morning to go on a little bike ride while one of my marathon buddies ran a nice 7 miles. Weather and conditions were perfect. I'd like to have a great story about why I have road rash on my legs, but no, I just lost my balance trying to get off the bike when we were all done. I could take a picture of it, but really, who wants to see that grossness.

And, the bike riding is necessary because my bum is sore indeed. I don't really know the problem. I had an SI joint that wasn't rotating properly, but the physical therapist said that's all fixed. My masseuse thinks I have a small tear in my piriformis muscle, which would require 4-6 weeks of rest to heal. And if I don't run for 4-6 weeks, there's no way I can whip out 26.2 miles in October. So, I'm at a crossroads and trying to figure out what to do. Punt the marathon and try again for a different one or suffer through? Stay tuned to find out!

1 comment: