That's right folks. It's only Feb. 22nd and I have already finished book #4 for the year.
I would give the book a thumbs up. I'm not going to make these reviews super long and I certainly could on this one because of everything in the book. I enjoyed reading the book and got through it fairly quickly. It is a rather self-absorbed piece of writing, but I knew that up front so I don't have a big issue with that aspect.
The author spent 4 months in Italy (eat = pleasure), 4 months in India (pray = devotion) and 4 months in Bali, Indonesia (love = balance between pleasure and devotion). And the book is all about that journey for the author. Reading the portion that took place in Italy made me really hungry as she talked about food, especially the pizza. Shallow of me, but true. And the author's idea of devotion is different than mine, but to each their own. The book is somewhat autobiographical and while I don't mind that genre, again, not my favorite. There's something a bit unnerving about reading the innermost thoughts of someone else, even if that someone else gladly volunteers the thoughts.
Time to find another book!
Nordstrom End of Season Clearance Sale
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment