Well here's how the garden looked last night. I've had some requests for pictures and I aim to please, so here you go! The nearest box has spinach,
lettuce and
swiss chard in that upper left corner, zucchini in the middle and then tomatoes and peppers lining the right side.
The back box has peppers and tomatoes and cucumbers and that's it. The rest of it is reserved for cantaloupe and yellow squash.
The nearest box was primarily planted on 4/21 and is already growing like gangbusters.

Here's a closeup of the peppers and tomatoes in the nearest box.

And here's a closeup of the spinach,
lettuce and
swiss chard. Time for salad!

And yes, it's all crammed into that little space per the instructions of Square Foot Gardening. I have faith it will turn out well and of course, I will keep everybody updated.
On a positive note, I also have several pots with herbs, strawberries, cherry tomatoes and a jalapeno pepper. the first strawberry is beautiful and red and ready to be picked. And we had fresh basil in our spaphetti sauce the other night. Delish!
No comments:
Post a Comment