Sunday, January 31, 2010

Book #2

Still Growing by Kirk Cameron is now in the pile of finished books. And just in time, since that was 2nd book and today is the last day of January! It was an okay book; not one I'd go out and buy, but it was a relatively easy read checked out from the local library.

About half to 2/3 of the book deals with Kirk Cameron's childhood and his time on Growing Pains. The rest of the book concerns his years after the show. It focuses a lot on his faith, which is how I heard about the book. He shares his testimony and also explains the career decisions he makes as a Christian and how his faith affects those decisions. It also talks about his family life. He has 6 kids!

So, a good read, but not fantastic. But I generally don't think any biographies or autobiographies are fantastic. I am beginning to think that genre may not be my favorite.

No comments: