No fun pictures to share with you, but I am pleased to report back on a few new dishes we have consumed from the Marathon Cooking experiment.
We had Chicken Durango over the weekend. I thought it was just okay, but it did get a thumbs-up from the hubby. I won't make it as a repeat. It didn't taste, just not enough flavor for my liking. I think it maybe needed a strong side dish to complement it.
We had Baked Mediterranean Tilapia as well. I loved it and thought it tasted great. Mr. Smoller liked everything but the fish (sound familiar, Amy?). It had tomatoes, olives, capers, onions, and some other stuff and had a slightly sweet taste. I think all the sauce stuff could be good with chicken, too, so we might just try it a different way next time.
The big winner has been Texas Style Lasagna. It got a huge thumbs-up from both the adults in our house and even one from the B-man, who devoured some of the leftovers I ate last night. It was a fantastic dish. Just like normal lasagna, but using tortillas instead of noodles and colby-jack cheese instead of mozzarella. Yumm-o. It's a definite keeper.
Nordstrom End of Season Clearance Sale
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment