Friday, January 22, 2010

Book Review #1

Yep, book #1 is done. Perhaps I should be creative and come up with some fancy, schmancy rating system. But that takes too much time and I just really don't have the imagination or desire.

Sidetracked Home Executives by Pam Young and Peggy Jones. Well, my first instinct was correct. An okay book, but not really one geared at my personality. It really does go after the difference between people who are Born Organized (B.O.) and those who are not. This book is most definitely aimed at those who are not born organized. The whole premise of their "system" is writing all of the household chores/jobs/duties on 3x5 cards and then organizing them by day of the week, month and then also determining how long each job takes and whether it's a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or seasonal job. It's quite intricate, though I suspect it may work for some people. Just not me.

I don't need or want an index card to tell me I need to clean the bathroom or wash clothes or fix dinner. But for those who need a visual tool to help them stay focused, this system might be the one you're looking for. If you're easily distracted while doing a household job and can never seem to finish one job, it's worth a try.

No comments: