Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Yes I have not blogged in ages. Yes I know I need to do a better job. I'll try to break a blogging record today and tomorrow and give you all the updates in Smoller household.

Brian and I got to take a brief trip to Las Vegas the weekend before Christmas. It was a work trip for Brian, but vacation for me. And, vacation without the kiddo. Brady stayed home and was spoiled rotten by his grandparents; I'm sure he barely noticed we were gone.

We had a fun time in Vegas. It was my first time to visit. Fun, but would not make my Top 10 list. We didn't take many pictures, but I'll show you some brief highlights.

The Christmas tree at The Bellagio. The Bellagio had this huge, ornate display of Christmas and winter stuff that was all made out of flowers. It smelled great and looked beautiful Very Rose Parade-ish.
We stayed at New York New York and this is a view of part of our hotel. We ate breakfast every day across the street at MGM Grand and this is the view from the walkway between the 2 hotels. And that is a roller coaster you see. And yes, I did ride it. Brian passed on that opportunity. I rode it once and thought "Have rollers coasters always been that bumpy or am I just getting old?"

And a view down the strip. Our hotel was near the end of the strip, so we almost always headed one direction.
We did have a fun time and the food was great! And we had a good time hanging out with our friends Brad & Kristin and also all the girls on the team. Our team went 2-1 during the tournament, so not too bad. UNLV has minimal fan interest in women's basketball. Our K-State contingency was the biggest fan base at the tournament, by far. So, seeing that made me very thankful for the fans who attend our games at Bramlage.

No comments: