Let's talk about resolutions for a moment. Do you have a resolution for 2010? Today is January 20th; how are you progressing with your resolution? Maybe you've given up completely? Maybe you're just having a hard time making that resolution a habit (it takes 21 days of consecutive activity to make something a habit)? Maybe you need to adjust the resolution a bit?
I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but I am a fan of creating and setting goals for yourself and your family and aiming to improve your relationships, health, finances, life, etc. It's great when you can set a measurable, attainable goal and then see if you can reach it. Kudos to you if you've done that!
It's not a resolution, but I have a goal in 2010 to read more. On a side note, "experts" say your goals should be S.M.A.R.T. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.
So, here goes for making myself a S.M.A.R.T goal:
S - my goal is to read 2 books/month.
M - 2 is definitely measurable, even by a toddler's standards.
A - I believe 2 books/month is attainable.
R - I also think 2 books/month is realistic. Right now I probably read 0-1. I like to read, but outside of the Bible, my leasure reading is sporadic. At times I read a lot but other times my reading is non-existent.
T - I don't really know how to put 2 books/month into a timely category. I will attempt to attain this goal for the next 12 months. Is that good enough?
So, only 24 books for the next year. I am certainly free to read more, but that's the minimum goal. Now, to find 24 books to put on my reading list.
Got any ideas? Read anything good lately? I've got my first read picked out, so that's coming up next, but I'm always thirsty for more ideas.
Nordstrom End of Season Clearance Sale
1 day ago
3 comments:
You should definitely read (or reread) To Kill a Mockingbird. An absolute favorite.
I do love that book. In fact, I have my old high school copy of it somewhere. Good idea--taht one goes on the February list!
Beth
Have you read any of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, by Neta Jackson. I love them, they an easy/fast read. I can normally get one read in a day or two.
Post a Comment